Why Dehoney Financial Group?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
Thank you for visiting our careers page. Check out our job openings!
Benefits Administrator – Vancouver, BC
You love the group benefits industry. As a key client contact, you provide excellent service as well as enjoy the detail of organizing, tracking, and list checking that comes with administration. You will also support our consultants and customers by providing accurate and timely entry into our internal benefit systems.
You are a natural in finding ways to improve efficiencies in processes while ensuring data integrity. You thrive working in a collaborative environment and are adept at prioritizing and executing projects. You understand high client satisfaction is the key to the organization’s success and take great satisfaction in delivering high quality client deliverables on time and error-free.
Candidates at various levels are encouraged to apply especially those who have gained experience through an insurance company. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role could be a key step and a career path to more senior roles within our administration team (as a Senior Benefits Administrator), and in the organization long-term as a Benefits Analyst or an Account Manager/Client Relationship Manager should that be your career aspiration.
About the Opportunity
The Benefits Administrator provides Third Party Administration for Dehoney Financial Group (DFG) which includes the administration, education, and communication of the Group Insurance Program and other benefits available to our clients. The role liaises with clients, internal stakeholders and insurance companies/carriers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administer employee benefits and provide client services for various groups
- Process enrolments, terminations, and changes to employee’s/member’s records by entering into online systems
- Review employee applications for accurate and complete information and initiate appropriate follow-up procedures
- Prepare, print and send client invoices
- Produce and release accurate monthly billing statements on a timely basis to clients
- Act as the primary liaison on day-to-day queries between insurance companies/carriers and the groups/clients, and when required, escalate to your Supervisor; ensure that all employee information is accurate and recorded on all insurer’s systems.
- Reconcile and validate billing statements and member data records with insurance carrier records where applicable
- Assist with new client implementations
- Handle inquiries from employers relating to their group employee benefits and escalate to Manager when necessary
- Assist the Manager with exceptions/variances and any escalated issues or actions that need to be taken related to assigned clients
- Assist in writing internal and external administration manuals
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year relevant industry experience, ideally in a similar role
- Proven experience administering and handling benefit groups is an asset
- Experience with payroll is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent attention to detail and high accuracy in completing data entry; at least 75% of the role is entering & reconciling data
- Proficient in database programs is an asset
- Ability to deal with various insurance policies
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Benefits Administrator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.