Why Dehoney Financial Group?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
Check out our career opportunities!
Accounting Clerk (Junior to Intermediate) – Vancouver, BC
As a key client contact, you love providing excellent service as well as enjoy the detail of organizing, tracking, and list checking that comes with administration. You will also support our consultants and customers by providing accurate and timely entry into our internal benefit systems.
You are a natural in finding ways to improve efficiencies in processes while ensuring data integrity. You thrive working in a collaborative environment and are adept at prioritizing and executing projects. You understand high client satisfaction is the key to the organization’s success and take great satisfaction in delivering high quality client deliverables on time and error-free.
Candidates at various levels are encouraged to apply especially those who have gained experience through an insurance company. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role could be a key step and a career path to more senior roles within our administration team (as a Senior Benefits Administrator), and in the organization long-term as a Benefits Analyst or an Account Manager/Client Relationship Manager should that be your career aspiration.
About the Opportunity
The Benefits Administrator provides Third Party Administration for Dehoney Financial Group (DFG) which includes the administration, education, and communication of the Group Insurance Program and other benefits available to our clients. The role liaises with clients, internal stakeholders, and insurance companies/carriers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administer employee benefits and provide client services for various groups.
- Process enrolments, terminations, and changes to employee’s/member’s records by entering into online systems as well as filing paperwork and necessary correspondence.
- Review employee applications for accurate and complete information and initiate appropriate follow-up procedures.
- Review of contracts and booklets to develop an understanding of eligibility guidelines for proper administration for each client.
- Produce and release accurate monthly billing statements on a timely basis to clients.
- Act as the primary liaison on day-to-day queries between insurance companies/carriers and the groups/clients, and when required, escalate to your Supervisor.
- Reconcile and validate billing statements and member data records with insurance carrier records where applicable.
- Process new client implementations and amendments on internal systems.
- Oversee and facilitate disability claims with their respective carriers for various clients.
- Handle inquiries from employers relating to their group employee benefits and escalate to Manager when necessary.
- Assist the Manager with exceptions/variances and any escalated issues or actions that need to be taken related to assigned clients.
- Assist in writing internal and external administration manuals.
- Assist on various projects.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience, ideally in a similar role
- Proven experience administering and handling benefit groups is an asset
- Experience with payroll is an asset
- Experience with disability claims handling is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent attention to detail and high accuracy in completing data entry; at least 75% of the role is entering & reconciling data
- Proficient in database programs is an asset
- Ability to deal with various insurance policies
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Benefits Administrator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.
You are a well-rounded team player who loves people and, of course, working with numbers. You enjoy working in a smaller entrepreneurial environment and being an integral part of a close-knit collaborative team where your input is valued. You are comfortable working with multiple software applications and possess excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills. Results-driven and detail-oriented, you take pride in providing accurate and up to date information.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the VP Finance, this position contributes to the success of the Finance team by completing various accounting and administrative tasks. The role will also perform regular duties for the Third-Party Administration (TPA) team as well as occasional tasks for other teams. Working in a collaborative environment, you will play an integral role in helping the Company meet operational and reporting deadlines.
- Book general journal, AP subledger, and AR subledger entries in Sage 50 for multiple accounting units
- Review and book vendor invoices
- Process employee expense reports
- Reconcile corporate visa cards
- Complete basic bank reconciliations
- Prepare commission revenue reconciliations
- Assist the TPA team including processing receipts and disbursements using various TPA software programs
- Submit bank deposits via remote deposit capture
- Assist with year-end accounting activities
- Prepare basic T4’s and T4A’s at year end
- Complete administrative tasks including paper and electronic filing
- Act as periodic back up for Office Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience
- Post-secondary accounting education is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of full cycle accounting
- Proficient in Sage 50 or similar accounting software
- Working knowledge of MS Office, ideally Office 365. A minimum of intermediate Excel skills is required
- Eagerness to learn and use specialty software
- Strong organizational, administrative, follow-up, and time management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy in all areas of work
- Positive and proactive attitude with an ability to see the ‘big picture’
- Experience working in a cooperative team environment
- Proven ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Accounting Clerk” in the subject line to email@example.com. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.