Why Dehoney Financial Group?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
Client Service Representative, Group Benefits – Vancouver, BC
Start date: January 2022
The Group Benefits Consulting team works alongside our clients’ human resources and executive teams to identify objectives in all aspects of benefit plan design and delivery. We manage national, regional and multi-insurer benefit programs. There has never been a better time to consider a career at Dehoney Financial Group. We are growing and looking for some great new people to join our team! We anticipate a start date in January 2022.
Although you will be working daily in our office, this role may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in the future.
You are relationship and customer service-focused, and an excellent communicator with great attention to detail. You are an Excel whiz and yet you see the big picture. Through your professional experiences, you have come to value and appreciate collaboration in the delivery of proactive and strategic solutions and high-quality client deliverables.
If you have related administrative experience in group benefits, we want to hear from you. Candidates at various levels of experience are encouraged to apply as the role can include some account management for the experienced candidate. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role is a fundamental step in gaining the knowledge to advance to more senior roles within our group benefits team such as client management or a sales position.
About the Opportunity
This role supports the Account Managers/Consultants, and ultimately our clients, with proactive service delivery to maximize client retention and develop both long-term and new client relationships. The role liaises with internal stakeholders, insurance carriers, other vendors, and customers.
The Client Service Representative (CSR) supports our Account Manager Team by handling a variety of tasks and functions including contract document review, amendment tracking, inter-department communication, issue resolution and analytical support.
Key Responsibilities include:
Client Service & Administrative Support
• Support Account Managers in preparing client deliverables including renewals, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and other customized documents.
• Provide client service to our group clients. Create benefit plan summaries for new groups and update summaries for existing groups.
• Update monthly Group activity report (new groups, terminations, commission changes/splits, etc.) and provide to Department Head.
• Track carrier amendments and review policy documents to ensure accuracy in capturing changes.
• Communicate with carriers about plan changes (amendments) and other policy document issues.
• Liaise with internal departments to communicate changes in plan designs, rates, and commission.
• Assist with the execution of major projects including plan marketing, requests for proposal, carrier implementation and renewal.
• Proactively resolve client issues by communicating with internal departments, insurance carriers and clients as necessary.
• Provide backup for other team members during absences.
• Prepare renewal spreadsheets and claims experience spreadsheets for Account Managers.
• Review carrier renewals, market surveys, and develop recommendations to support negotiations with respective providers/carriers.
• Conduct benchmarking studies.
• Perform research and interpret information to support client solutions.
• Maintain client documentation including contracts and underwriting arrangements.
Education and Experience
• Minimum 3 years administrative and customer service experience preferably within group benefits.
• Strong knowledge of group benefit products as well as applicable legislation is ideal.
• Bachelor’s Degree or business diploma is an asset.
• GBA or CEBS designation or willingness to work towards designation.
• LLQP/Life Licensed or willingness to work towards licensing within your first 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships (internal and external).
• Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
• Self-motivated and works well independently as well as within a collaborative team.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word and PowerPoint); advanced working knowledge in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, data reconciliation, etc.) including attention to detail when transferring data to client exhibits. High computer literacy to act as a “go to” for the team.
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com with your “last name – Client Service Rep, Group Benefits” in the subject line. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.