Why Dehoney Financial Group?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
Manager, Administrative Services
You have hands-on management experience with group benefits administration (and ideally some experience with Third-Party Administration (TPA) and technology platforms). You enjoy leading a small team. You are passionate about service excellence, developing strong relationships and working in a collaborative environment.
About the Opportunity
The Manager, Administrative Services manages the group benefits administration department and is the subject matter expert for our clients and organization. This hands-on role oversees all Third-Party Administrator (TPA) operations and ensures delivery of departmental goals aligned to organizational objectives. This Manager is a member of the Senior Leadership Team for the Dehoney Financial Group.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Oversee DAS operations, managing all processes and procedures to ensure they are documented, utilize industry best practices and comply with regulations/legislation.
- Lead, mentor and manage the DAS team (such as evaluate performance and conduct reviews, maintain proper staffing levels, hire and train new employees).
- Resolve escalated administrative issues/inquiries from clients and our internal administration team, escalating to the Group Consulting team when necessary.
- Oversee client operations and ensure clients receive highest level of service and support; perform ongoing audits to verify accuracy of administrative records.
- Manage monthly billing cycle including verifying billing statements before release and reconciling member data with insurance carrier records. In conjunction with Finance, reconcile client receivables and carrier payables.
- Plan and execute standard customer life cycle events (including new group implementation, carrier changes, billing and terminations).
- Identify opportunities for improvement in processes and work in collaboration with leadership to streamline and gain efficiencies.
- Lead administrative projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Project manage total compensation statements ensuring compliance; customize statement design as needed.
- Recommend marketing and pricing strategy to promote DAS offerings and services; ensure internal DFG teams, clients, and prospects understand the value of working with DAS as a TPA.
- Represent DFG at Third Party Administrators’ Association of Canada (TPAAC).
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), provide and assist with developing strategic goals and objectives for the company.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position including leading and mentoring an effective benefits administration team. TPA experience is an asset.
- Proven experience administering and handing complex benefits groups, both in union and non-union environments.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) Designation (or willing to work towards), or any other relevant designation is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of group benefits plan administration, ideally at a TPA
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of insurance benefits contracts, regulatory and compliance
- Detailed knowledge of Benefit Administration systems/TPA technology platforms
- Experienced in creating and streamlining administrative workflows, processes and procedures (from small to large businesses)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to lead, manage, and mentor a team to create a positive collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize to meet strict deadlines
- Strong planning (short and long range) and organizational skills; high attention to detail
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills; intermediate proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
- Technologically savvy with an aptitude to easily learn new software programs
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter in to email@example.com with your “last name – Manager, DAS” in the subject line. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.
Like us, you love the group benefits industry. As the key consultant to assigned group benefits clients, you will provide consulting expertise on plan design, pricing, funding, benchmarking, and vendor management. You will maintain and grow client relationships, while identifying opportunities for adding other lines of coverage, products or services. You are relationship and customer focused, and an excellent communicator. Through your professional experiences, you have come to value and appreciate collaboration in the delivery of proactive and strategic solutions and high-quality client experiences.
Candidates with 3 years related industry experience, especially those holding their Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation and with proven success in group benefits are encouraged to apply. Candidates at various levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role is a fundamental step in gaining the knowledge to advance to more senior roles within our group benefits team.
About the Opportunity
The Account Manager, Group Benefits provides consulting expertise and client management. As an advocate for your client, you champion their needs and proactively communicate on all service-related issues to build and develop long-term relationships. The role liaises with clients, internal stakeholders, insurance companies and carriers.
- Relentlessly seeks to understand clients, delight them and create high engagement serving as their primary daily contact on delivery of group benefits consulting services
- Oversee and prepare client deliverables including reports and presentations regarding plan design, pricing, funding, employee contributions, strategies, reserve calculations, benchmarking studies, negotiations, renewals, and vendor management
- Facilitate and support a continuous service improvement culture establishing value to the customer partnership beyond monetary value such as advising clients of emerging industry trends and best practices
- Oversees the execution of major projects including plan marketing, requests for proposal, carrier implementation and renewal
- Proactively resolve client issues by communicating with internal departments, insurance carriers and clients as necessary
- Oversee the development of self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost-sharing calculations
- Strengthen client relationships by identifying needs through adding other lines of coverage, products or services
- Collaborate within the Group Benefits team to formulate and implement client centric strategies to deepen client relations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, and preferably a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation (or willingness to work towards designation)
- Minimum 5 years related industry experience with a strong knowledge of group benefit products as well as applicable legislation
- Proven experience and success in the design & management of group benefits programs gained in a consulting, brokerage or carrier environment
- LLQP/Life Licensed in the Province of BC (or willingness to become licensed within the first 12 months is required)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships (clients, internal, insurance carriers and business community)
- Ability to positively influence and negotiate with others to achieve results balancing the interests of the client and DFG
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Excellent attention to detail with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), and presentation facilitation skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Advanced working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), specifically in transferring data to meaningful client exhibits
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Account Manager, Group Benefits” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.