Why Dehoney Financial Group?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
There has never been a better time to consider a career at Dehoney Financial Group. We are growing and looking for some great new people to join our team. Check out our positions today!
Analyst, Benefits Consulting
You enjoy supporting our consultants and clients by providing advanced analytical and problem-solving support to primarily mid to large-clients. You are organized and adept at tracking results against the team’s forecasts and recommendations. Your strong client focus and high-quality, client ready work contributes to successful project outcomes and client satisfaction.
You love analyzing numbers, are an excel whiz and see the big picture. You are passionate about developing strong relationships and working in a collaborative environment.
Candidates at various levels are encouraged to apply for this evolving role. If you have experience with analytics but not in our industry, you could still be the right candidate. We would love to hear from you. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role could be a key step and part of the career path to an Account Manager/Client Relations Representative position should that be your career aspiration.
About the Opportunity
The Analyst, Benefits Consulting supports our mid to large-case clients. This role partners with our Consultants for the complete employee benefits cycle, including plan design, benchmarking, market survey, carrier implementation, experience monitoring and renewal rating.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Perform advanced financial analyses, projections and illustrations
- Analyze carrier renewals and market surveys and develop recommendations to support negotiations with respective providers/carriers
- Perform ASO reconciliations along with rate setting recommendations
- Conduct benchmarking studies and gap analysis
- Draft client deliverables including reports, spreadsheets and presentations
- Perform research and interpret information to support client solutions
- Maintain deep knowledge of client documentation including contracts and underwriting arrangements
- With a Benefits Consultant, may attend client meetings to gain an understanding of project requirements
- Remain current with benefits landscape including insurer news, products, legislation and seminars/educational events
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position (ideally includes experience with larger national accounts gained in benefits consulting firm or an underwriting department of a national insurer)
- GBA Designation is an asset or willingness to obtain within the first 36 months of employment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact
- Strong analytic and data management skills including the ability to find trends using logical and systematic thinking to interpret information
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
- Build strong relationships internally/externally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, strong customer service orientation and a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in a dynamic environment
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills. High computer literacy
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Analyst, Benefits Consulting” in the subject line to email@example.com. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.
You love the retirement and investment industry. You are a key client contact and love to support our Advisors by providing outstanding administrative assistance for our group pension and individual retirement clients.
You are organized, efficient and love working collaboratively in a dynamic organization.
About the Opportunity
The Retirement & Investments Administrator is responsible for administrative support and service to existing Group Pension and Individual Investment accounts, while continuously providing strong client relations. This position ensures that all information is properly processed and appropriate updates are made.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Process enrolments, financial transactions and member account inquiries upon request
- Ongoing administration and client service for individual investment book of business including mutual funds, segregated funds, fixed income products and annuities. Process buys, sells, switches, transfers and redemptions upon request
- Ongoing administration and client service for group retirement book of business
- Maintain/create client files (paper and electronic) for meeting preparation and post-meeting follow-up and/or implementation
- Manage incoming and outgoing client correspondence
- Manage client projects, or portions thereof, in conjunction with the consulting team
- May assist with client presentations and preparation of marketing material
- Provide backup for other team members during absences
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably in mutual fund and/or insurance administration
- Completion of, or willingness to complete, mutual fund related courses (CSC or IFIC study guide knowledge) is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational, administrative and customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong working knowledge in MS Windows Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), specifically in transferring data to meaningful client exhibits
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter in today to firstname.lastname@example.org with your “last name – Retirement & Investments Administrator” in the subject line. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please (including agencies).