Why Dehoney Financial Group?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
There has never been a better time to consider a career at Dehoney Financial Group. We are growing and looking for some great new people to join our team. Check out our positions today!
Account Manager, Group Benefits
Like us, you love the group benefits industry. As the key consultant to assigned group benefits clients, you will provide consulting expertise on plan design, pricing, funding, benchmarking, and vendor management. You will maintain and grow client relationships, while identifying opportunities for other lines of coverage, products or services. You are relationship and customer focused, and an excellent communicator. Through your professional experiences, you have come to value and appreciate collaboration in the delivery of proactive and strategic solutions and high-quality client experiences.
Candidates with 3 years related industry experience, especially those holding their Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation and with proven success in group benefits are encouraged to apply. Candidates at various levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role is a fundamental step in gaining the knowledge to advance to more senior roles within our group benefits team.
About the Opportunity
The Account Manager, Group Benefits provides consulting expertise and client management. As an advocate for your client, you champion their needs and proactively communicate on all service-related issues to build and develop long-term relationships. The role liaises with clients, internal stakeholders, insurance companies and carriers.
• Relentlessly seeks to understand clients, delight them and create high engagement serving as their primary daily contact on delivery of group benefits consulting services.
• Oversee and prepare client deliverables including reports and presentations regarding plan design, pricing, funding, employee contributions, strategies, reserve calculations, benchmarking studies, negotiations, renewals, and vendor management.
• Facilitate and support a continuous service improvement culture establishing value to the customer partnership beyond monetary value such as advising clients of emerging industry trends and best practices.
• Oversees the execution of major projects including plan marketing, requests for proposal, carrier implementation and renewal.
• Proactively resolve client issues by communicating with internal departments, insurance carriers and clients as necessary.
• Oversee the development of self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost-sharing calculations.
• Strengthen client relationships by identifying needs through adding other lines of coverage, products or services.
• Collaborate within the Group Benefits team to formulate and implement client centric strategies to deepen client relations.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, and preferably a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation (or willingness to work toward designation)
• Minimum 5 years related industry experience with a strong knowledge of group benefit products as well as applicable legislation
• Proven experience and success in the design & management of group benefits programs gained in a consulting, brokerage or carrier environment
• LLQP/Life Licensed in the Province of BC (or willingness to become licensed within the first 12 months is required)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships (clients, internal, insurance carriers and business community)
• Ability to positively influence and negotiate with others to achieve results balancing the interests of the client and DFG
• Self-motivated and works well independently as well as within a collaborative team
• Excellent attention to detail with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication (written and oral), and presentation facilitation skills
• Strong time management and project management skills
• Advanced working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), specifically in transferring data to meaningful client exhibits
How to Apply
We will begin to review resumes starting on October 1, 2018 and this position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Account Manager, Group Benefits” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.
Coordinator, Life Insurance
Like us, you love the insurance industry. You are relationship and customer focused, and an excellent communicator. Through your professional experiences, you have come to value and appreciate collaboration in the delivery of proactive and strategic solutions and high-quality client experiences.
Candidates with related administrative experience and ideally industry experience in life insurance are encouraged to apply. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role is a fundamental step in gaining the knowledge to advance to more senior roles within our company as well as other administrative roles in the organization.
About the Opportunity
Working with the President, VP Client Experience, and the Sales team, the Coordinator, Life Insurance drives the underwriting process for all new Life and Individual insurance business to completion. They further assist existing clients with administrative updates, queries, and issue resolution and ensure files are accurately maintained.
By providing proactive service delivery they will maximize client retention and develop both long-term and new client relationships. The Coordinator, Life Insurance, works directly with internal stakeholders, insurance carriers, other vendors and customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Preparing sales quotations, and/or rate illustration comparisons
• Processing new business applications, ordering medicals (as required) and ensuring the timely completion of underwriting requirements
• Providing service to existing policyholders, assisting with any possible issue resolution and maintaining client files
• Coordinating and preparing material for client reviews, Life insurance summaries, and Policy delivery notices including necessary Compliance documentation
• Ensuring life insurance files meet the appropriate Compliance standards for our industry
• Maintaining client database (CRM) and policy and procedure manuals
• Providing the President with administrative support (such as calendar management, booking appointments, etc.)
• Participating in and/or coordinating special projects and ongoing communication campaigns
• Covering absences/vacation for Coordinator, Living Benefits and back up reception duties
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years related industry experience working with Life Insurance; knowledge of advanced life insurance concepts an asset
• Life insurance licensed (LLQP) or willingness to complete within the first 6 months of employment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills
• Proven proactive, self-starter with a service excellence focus
• Strong problem solving and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; must be able to assess the level of urgency and prioritize accordingly
• Knowledge of CRM systems is a plus, intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook and able to quickly learn other applications
• Proficiency with insurance‐based applications such as LifeGuide is an asset
• Experience with Compliance guidelines and regulations is a plus
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Coordinator, Life Insurance” in the subject line to email@example.com. We thank all interested candidates; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.
Account Manager, Group Retirement
You are a highly motivated, self-starter who loves working with people and providing quality service and advice. You are willing to take on a project and manage it from beginning to end while ensuring clients’ service needs are taken care of whether it’s a small request or a major project.
You understand the investment industry and the types of investments offered for group retirement plans. You are able to comfortably explain the investment process and products to individual plan members. A solid understanding of the defined contribution group retirement industry is an asset.
Candidates at various levels, especially those who have gained experience through an insurance company or financial institution, are encouraged to apply. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role is fundamental in gaining the knowledge to take on more complex projects and plan design. Long-term, there may be the opportunity to advance to other roles such as an Investment Advisor or Group Retirement Consultant should that be your career aspiration.
About the Opportunity
The Account Manager Group Retirement is a key member of the group retirement team, responsible for providing client service and support to our new and existing clients. The role will have direct client contact and will also support other team members.
• Work closely with group retirement team to ensure day-to-day seamless quality service and consulting is provided to our group retirement clients.
• Develop and maintain an effective customer service plan for each group retirement client, and execute the annual plan. Customer services provided include:
o Prepare and present annual client stewardship reports for group plans.
o Develop and implement a strategy for client’s employee education requirements. Coordinating education seminars, preparing presentations and coordinating educations sessions. Willingness to conduct education seminars (and the related occasional travel) is an asset.
• Ensure all client documents are current and retained for easy access by all team members.
• Prepare “Requests for Proposals” on behalf of clients when reviewing pricing, and implementing new plans. Contact insurers requesting price quotes when regular pricing reviews are required; then prepare a presentation of results to clients.
• Assist employees who request assistance with their group retirement plans. Service can include providing investment advice, retirement projections, and performing duties relating to investment advice (such as preparing investment change forms for employee investment changes).
• Work closely with the team on client implementations (new client onboarding or existing clients moving to other insurance carriers) to ensure a smooth and seamless setup and transition.
• Assist with the new client sales process by establishing marketing plans, preparing reports and presentations and implementation of new plans sold by DFG.
• Completes process to ensure the fulfillment of all regulatory and compliance requirements for the Group Retirement team.
• Provide backup for other team members during absences.
Education and Experience
• Demonstrated ability in providing excellent client service and on-going communication including hands-on experience completing service and implementation process (beginning to end)
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others from different backgrounds
• Strong problem solving, analytical and mathematical skills
• Detailed, organized and deadline oriented
• Self-motivated and driven by desire to meet planned targets
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability adapt and learn new technologies
• Knowledge of relevant products i.e. Living Benefits, Life Insurance, Group Benefits is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in the investment industry
• Completion of a diploma or degree in business, accounting or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Life Licensed
• Working towards a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation is an asset
• Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements affecting DC and DB retirement plans
• Experience with compliance is an asset
• Proven experience in sales is an asset, particularly in the investment industry
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Account Manager, Group Retirement” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested candidates; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.