Why Dehoney Financial Group?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because we believe it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
There has never been a better time to consider a career at Dehoney Financial Group. We are growing and looking for some great new people to join our team. Check out our positions today!
Analyst, Benefits Consulting
You enjoy supporting our consultants and clients by providing advanced analytical and problem-solving support to primarily mid to large clients. You are organized and adept at tracking results against the team’s forecasts and recommendations. Your strong client focus and high quality, client-ready work contributes to successful project outcomes and high client satisfaction.
You love analyzing numbers, are an excel whiz and yet see the big picture. You are passionate about developing strong relationships and working in a collaborative environment.
Candidates at various levels are encouraged to apply for this evolving role. If you have experience with analytics but not in our industry, you could still be the right candidate and we would love to hear from you. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role could be a key step and part of the career path to an Account Manager/Client Relations Representative position should that be your career aspiration.
About the Opportunity
This role partners with our Consultants for the complete employee benefits cycle, including plan design, benchmarking, market survey, carrier implementation, experience monitoring and renewal rating.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Perform advanced financial analyses, projections and illustrations
• Analyze carrier renewals and market surveys and develop recommendations to support negotiations with respective providers/carriers
• Perform ASO reconciliations along with rate setting recommendations
• Conduct benchmarking studies and gap analysis
• Draft client deliverables including reports, spreadsheets and presentations
• Perform research and interpret information to support client solutions
• Maintain deep knowledge of client documentation including contracts and underwriting arrangements
• With a Benefits Consultant, may attend client meetings to gain an understanding of project requirements
• Remain current with benefits landscape including insurer news, products, legislation and seminars/educational events
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience
• 3+ years of experience in a similar position (ideally includes experience with larger national accounts gained in benefits consulting firm or an underwriting department of a national insurer)
• GBA Designation is an asset or willingness to obtain in the within the first 36 months of employment
• Life license (LLQP) is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact
• Strong analytic and data management skills including the ability to find trends using logical and systematic thinking to interpret information
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
• Build strong relationships internally/externally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
• Self-motivated, strong customer service orientation and a positive attitude
• Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in a dynamic environment
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills. High level of computer literacy
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Analyst, Benefits Consulting” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested candidates; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.
Account Manager, Group Retirement
You are a highly motived self-starter who loves working with people and providing quality service and advice. You’re willing to take on a project and manage it from beginning to end while ensuring clients’ service needs are taken care of whether it’s a small request or a major project.
You understand the investment industry and the types of investments offered for group retirement plans. You are able to comfortably explain the investment process and products to individual plan members. A solid understanding of the defined contribution group retirement industry is an asset.
Candidates at various levels, especially those who have gained experience through an insurance company or financial institution, are encouraged to apply. Looking for career growth? Mastering this role is fundamental in gaining the knowledge to take on more complex projects and plan design. Long-term, there may be the opportunity to advance to other roles such as an Investment Advisor or Group Retirement Consultant should that be your career aspiration.
About the Opportunity
The Account Manager Group Retirement is a key member of the group retirement team, responsible for providing client service and support to our new and existing clients. The role will have direct client contact and will also support other team members.
• Work closely with group retirement team to ensure day-to-day seamless quality service and consulting is provided to our group retirement clients.
• Develop and maintain an effective customer service plan for each group retirement client, and execute the annual plan. Customer services provided include:
o Prepare and present annual client stewardship reports for group plans.
o Develop and implement a strategy for client’s employee education requirements. Coordinating education seminars, preparing presentations and coordinating educations sessions. Willingness to conduct education seminars (and the related occasional travel) is an asset.
• Ensure all client documents are current and retained for easy access by all team members.
• Prepare “Requests for Proposals” on behalf of clients when reviewing pricing, and implementing new plans. Contact insurers requesting price quotes when regular pricing reviews are required; then prepare a presentation of results to clients.
• Assist employees who request assistance with their group retirement plans. Service can include providing investment advice, retirement projections, and performing duties relating to investment advice (such as preparing investment change forms for employee investment changes).
• Work closely with the team on client implementations (new client onboarding or existing clients moving to other insurance carriers) to ensure a smooth and seamless setup and transition.
• Assist with the new client sales process by establishing marketing plans, preparing reports and presentations and implementation of new plans sold by DFG.
• Completes process to ensure the fulfillment of all regulatory and compliance requirements for the Group Retirement team.
• Provide backup for other team members during absences.
Education and Experience
• Demonstrated ability in providing excellent client service and on-going communication including hands-on experience completing service and implementation process (beginning to end)
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others from different backgrounds
• Strong problem solving, analytical and mathematical skills
• Detailed, organized and deadline oriented
• Self-motivated and driven by desire to meet planned targets
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability adapt and learn new technologies
• Knowledge of relevant products i.e. Living Benefits, Life Insurance, Group Benefits is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in the investment industry
• Completion of a diploma or degree in business, accounting or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Life Licensed
• Working towards a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation is an asset
• Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements affecting DC and DB retirement plans
• Experience with compliance is an asset
• Proven experience in sales is an asset, particularly in the investment industry
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Account Manager, Group Retirement” in the subject line to email@example.com. We thank all interested candidates; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.